www.RachaelLynseyRubin.com

Friday, February 18, 2011

AMAZING Makeup and Hair In Movies

As a makeup artist and hair stylist, I have a great appreciation for the makeup and hair in Movies.
Makeup has the ability to completely change person. Its the details that make the look reach perfection. Yes, you have seen these movies and maybe commented "wow that's cool" but have you ever appreciated the detail? Now is your chance!

These looks are an emblem of creativity; they are inventive, or just simply beautiful. Here are my favorite looks in makeup and hair in movies...

Alice in Wonderland


 Note: The eyebrows and lower lash line detail
 I love pale faces. The precision here is impeccable.
 Love the lips.
Johnny Depp you are still hott like this.

Black Swan

Note: Creepy red bloodshot eyes. I love her lip stick here, MAC cosmetics makes a similar color called "Cyber". I own it and wear it all the time. The eye makeup is bangin. 

Monster
All I have to say is it takes an amazing makeup artist to make such a flawlessly beautiful woman look so hideous. 
 Note: The artist added age lines, sun spots, freckles and took away her brows. eek.

How to Lose A Guy In 10 Days

 I think I added this because I love her necklace. Generally speaking, her look was that of a GLOWING GODDESS. This scene made me fall in love with Kate Hudson.  Her hair is piecey and loose, her makeup was sunkissed, It was perfection!

The Dark Knight

I want to wear my eye makeup like this to a club. (not kidding)

X-Men

I am not even sure how this was accomplished. The detail and texture is amazing. She still looks hot. 

Maid In Manhattan

Love her bun, love her makeup, love her necklace, love her dress. She looks elegant. The end. You go Jlo.

The Changeling

The artist perfectly embodied the 20's look. I love this hair style, so 20's chic glamour. mhm.

Wanted

Some of these tattoos were drawn on. This is another aspect of makeup artistry. I am not one for tattoo's but after I saw this scene, I wanted to sprint to the tattoo PaRLR and get my whole body done. ( I am also not one for sprinting, so this never happened)

Marie Antoinette

 I LOVE platinum hair, I wish I had the guts to do it. She looks dainty.
Glamourous. 

THROWBACKS

I want to use the color on his face as eye shadow... hmm. 

 HORRIFYING. (but well done)
This is not an emblem of creativity or beauty. It is actually haunting. 


And Last But Not Least...


Until Next Time...

1 comment: