www.RachaelLynseyRubin.com

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Backstage Beauty Is Skin Deep Fashion Show!

RLR and Alexa Winner has teamed up yet again for the sake of fashion and a good cause. 

This recent weekend I was part of the team for the "Beauty Is Skin Deep Fashion Show" (I talked about this in a previous post)... I was in charge of deciding the makeup and hair looks that went down the runway (along with workin' the chaos of backstage mayhem!!) Alexa Winner styled the event. The event was held in D.C at the French Embassy, and it's purpose was to raise awareness about skin cancer and to raise money towards the cause. 

As for every fashion show there is chaos and mayhem backstage and before the show starts, however, in the end was a beautiful result: Amazing Couture clothes, amazing hair, amazing Makeup, Amazing Styling, (Fabulous hotel) hehe,  AND it was all for a good cause.
I am glad I was able to be apart of it all!

Well guess what? RLR is taking you backstage...

 Model Jessica Hunter being fit in Maggie Norris Couture (this dress has been worn by Catherine Zeta Jones!)

 Model Jessica Hunter being fit in Vincent Licari Couture

 Model Olga Sommerkamp being fit in Vincent Licari Couture

 Model Olga Sommerkamp being fit it Stephen Mikhail (also my friend, he is a very talented designer!! Congrats on an amazing collection!!)

 Model Stephanie Crosson being fit in Maggie Norris Couture

 Yours truly exhausted, sick and hiding behind a beautiful couture dress.

Ms. Alexa Winner & Maggie Norris 

 Beautiful Alexa

 Designer Stephen Mikhail & Myself before heading over to the French Embassy!

The very talented hair team creating the looks! 

One of the fabulous hair styles! 

 My two fav makeup artists of the day getting down to work on the models! (Leslie & Mimi) 

 Some of the male models ;) ;)

Two of the models backstage, Getting ready to walk the runway! 


Some of my favorite models of the day wearing Maggie Norris Couture (The woman who I pray will design my wedding dress every night of my life)

 Myself with two of the makeup artists! Loved these girls. The artist on the left works for Instyle Magazine as a makeup artist. 


 Models backstage

Designer Daniella Kallmeyer with the models wearing various pieces from her collection!


Alexa & I also managed to squeeze in a fabulous photo shoot one night at the hotel. Here are some of my favs from the photoshoot!!!


fyi: Alexa and I got stuck in the elevator for 20 minutes during this photoshoot, an engineer had to come get us out. Lovely.




 My Personal Favorite of the bunch!




Until Next Time...

2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful event, it was a pleasure working with you...thanks for all the help.

    ReplyDelete