www.RachaelLynseyRubin.com

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

You're HOT then your COLD

I personally have very very very curly hair. Ringlets. Sometimes frizzy sometimes nice milky curls! Depends on my hair's mood. I like to blow out my curls and have straight smooth hair (like most of you im sure). I really HATE the look of dull, life less, dead hair. The key to fixing this is MOISTURE and CONDITIONING. I also have some little tricks that help my hair stay smooth and look shiny! 
(I also added a nice face washing trick in as well!)

All THREE tricks have to do with TEMPERATURE. 

First trick:
COLD WATER
Let me explain. I am the kind of person that likes unbearably steaming BURNING hot showers. However, this is not what is best for your hair. After I shampoo and condition my hair and it is squeaky clean, I do an ICY FREEEEEZING COLD rinse on my hair. This will close off the cuticles in your hair and will make your hair look super shiny. 

Second Trick:
COLD AIR
 Hot air dries your hair faster, and is far more efficient when styling, however cold air is useful as well. I like to blow dry my hair in sections. At the end of each section, I turn the blow dryer on the COLDEST setting possible and brush my hair while blowing cold air on it. This will "set your hair style" and make it last longer. It will also prevent frizz and create volume. When you are finished with your whole head, run your fingers through your hair while you blow the cold air on it. 

Third Trick:
COLD WATER
 When you are washing your face you should ALWAYS use cold water. I know, I agree, the hot water feels sooo much better on my face and the cold water is stabbing. However, cold water will help minimize pour size and will help remove oil. (It also wakes you up!)



Until Next Time...


No comments:

Post a Comment