www.RachaelLynseyRubin.com

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Makeup Trends On The Runway

Fashion Week has come and gone... but the trends I saw in makeup on the runway are still fresh in my mind. There were so many creative, fresh faces that we can subtly add into our daily looks to spruce things up!

Take a look at some of these photos I pulled...

Color On The Eyes


Love love love love the bright colors on the eyes for spring. Try adding a colored eye liner for a subtle version of this look! It will instantly grab attention. My favorite colors to rock for eyeliner are coral, teal and yellow. (I use makeup forever aqua creme's).

No Eyebrow

Hmm where'd they go?

Love this photo... Don't try no eyebrows unless you have platinum hair... and even that is slightly pushing it unless you are a high fashion model who is constantly photographed. Not saying it wont look good, just saying it is a big commitment... If you have the guts GO FOR IT. 

Pale Faces

I love pale faces. (not just because I am strongly against tanning beds)...These buns are really awesome as well. 

This is actually my work. I did the makeup and hair for the fashion week presentation of Gemma by Gemma Kahng. I made the models very pale! 

Love the dark eye as well. And once again, the pale face. 

Dark Lips
I LOVE THIS TREND.

Love the trend of dark lips. Not quite sure why that girl on the right is not allowed to use her eyes, but the black lips are bangin.

Slightly matrixy/weird but the lips are cool.

MY FAVORITE DARK LIP COLOR... MAC CYBER. I wear this often and love it love it love it. Makes my teeth look white too hehe. Try this color, you might surprise yourself. 

There I am, yours truly, wearing Cyber lipstick. 

Until Next Time...

1 comment: